Thursday, February 24, 2011

C-Section is a go

We saw Dr. Louis on Tuesday and he has agreed to schedule a c-section. Shai's birthday will be May 2, pending on any changes that may happen. He also informed us that we will get one more sonogram at 30 weeks. That is encouraging, we would really like to see our son one more time before he is born. Dr. Louis got a little nervous because he couldn't find Shai's heartbeat as fast as he usually can. I knew it was there because Shai had been moving around like crazy all that morning. He finally found it. I knew he would, a mother just knows.

One of my concerns is the day Shai will be born. He will be born on the week of Mother's Day. I cannot begin to express how that makes me feel. It is a complex set of emotions that I am not sure how to work out.

Pete will be leaving for Iraq two weeks after the funeral. Please pray for him as he will have to leave his family after loosing his son. I can not imagine some of what he must be feeling. I know he is being placed in a unique situation. There are several Christians that will be there with him and that brings me great joy and peace. I know he will not be alone.

Just wanted to post a small update on things!

3 comments:

  1. "Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
    It is well, with my soul
    It is well, with my soul
    It is well, it is well with my soul..."

    I hope those words do not seem insensitive. I could not get them out of my head just now, after reading these words of yours, and over these past months honestly. And I felt it must be words our Father wanted me to speak. So I will trust they will reach a place within you and Pete that will bring only peace and comfort. The author of this hymn knew tragedy and loss...and he somehow - somehow, heard His Peacemaker through it all.

    You and Pete show this faith, given by the grace of the Spirit, in overwhelming ways. There is such light coming from your life - through a time where darkness could easily dominate. You are not letting it. Shai is not allowing it. The King of Kings will not let an ounce of darkness take over. Selah indeed.

    You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Charis! Thank you Leigh for the words. That song goes through my mind often. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete