Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Change of Plans

Well, the time has come. I had been thinking that my stomach was getting bigger than it should. That was confirmed this morning at our doctor's appointment. I am a little over 30 weeks and I am measuring at 35 weeks. He sent us to a have a sonogram to confirm his suspicions. The sonographer was the same one we had before and we felt blessed that she was there for this one. She let us see every part of his precious body. We even got to see his huge feet. No joke, that kid has some mean kickers. Nothing has changed and the diagnosis remains the same. I also have way too much amniotic fluid. We went back and spoke with my doctor and he said that it is time to take Shai. We have been planning one final family vacation before we found out that will start next week. He has been gracious and let us go on that vacation. He says there is no immediate danger but Monday, April 4th, after our vacation, we will have our c-section.

I don't have much to say or write. My emotions are a little bit of everywhere. We have two precious weeks left with our Shai. He is beautiful and I can't wait to hold him in my arms for a brief time.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

I love you Shai........

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, we're praying for you over here-- that the Lord would hold you in His arms as you look forward to holding your sweet Shai and in the days following. Am praising God together with you for the gift He's created.

    ReplyDelete